Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's Ready For Winter?

Go down 
+10
insane imports
NX-DET
chiquae07
dgmk3
slacker
Xterra1102
xCONWRATHx
Big Ben
squirlz
BORNGEARHEAD
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

Who's Ready For Winter? Empty
PostSubject: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm pretty excited for winter this year, mostly because I finally have me a 4x4 to have fun with. But also because I am actually ready for winter. All the leaves in the yard are raked up, got the cover on the camper and it's all cleaned up, and there are "no cars in the yard". And most importantly, the snowblower has been tested and approved.

Bring on the snow!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
squirlz

squirlz

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:35 pm

I got a set of winter tires/wheels for the wife's and I's cars this winter and Kyle is mounting the last set tomorrow. I need to order some lug nuts for my car but other than that the cars are ready.

I should get the snow blower going just so im ready, maybe this weekend ill change the oil and through in a new plug.
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:13 pm

I will be finishing getting my museum piece snowblower up and running(its a 2 stage 1967 areins, but hey it beats shoveling) and putthing the winter tires on(thanks riggle!). I only want snow for like 1 month and then I will be ready for summer again.
Back to top Go down
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:37 am

I have bald all seasons and frozen brakes, bring on the snow! Wait...
Back to top Go down
http://www.CHDetailing.com/
Xterra1102

Xterra1102

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:11 am

I AM SO READY!!! I keep saying that it's been too warm and "nice" for this late in November...last year we had snow on the ground from Halloween through St. Patty's day. I think it's going to just DUMP on us soon (here in IL). Fingers crossed...
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:42 am

considering I'm going to be driving the deathtrap ('93 voyager running front brakes and mediocre front tires) because I don't have the G ready yet.. I'm unexcited for snow. My old craftsman snowblower hasn't made any noise since I got it off a friend of mine. This is gonna suck to put it mildly. Sad
Back to top Go down
dgmk3

dgmk3

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:03 am

Got my beater Legacy! I'm ready
Back to top Go down
chiquae07

chiquae07

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 7:31 pm

ive been driving around with a shovel, extra carpet, couple blankets, salt, scrapper, and my studded winter tires on for about 2 weeks now. i just want the snow to come already so i dont make these tires bald...
Back to top Go down
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:56 am

Damn, you go extreme, have you had a back experience in the past, or just cautious?
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 2:10 am

Got the snow blower tuned up today.....
Back to top Go down
chiquae07

chiquae07

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:59 am

xCONWRATHx wrote:
Damn, you go extreme, have you had a back experience in the past, or just cautious?

id rather be ready than be stuck somewhere and salty on the side of the road. no mishaps in the winter, and havent gotten stuck. well i diddnt get the car stuck, but my dad did backing it out of the driveway, and needless to say hes an idiot.

moms really jams being careful down my throat for the winter, as she is from snow heaven, MN. where she used to live you'd easily get 2-3' of snow a year in a small town and it required everyone to have chained and studded tires when it actually snowed. shes from walker/akley btw if anyone knows where that is.
Back to top Go down
NX-DET

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 pm

I hear you on the 4 x4! I just got a newer 4runner and i cannot wait to trash around in the snow!

That is a nice X-terra you got there DJ. i was looking at those at the same time and i picked the 4runner instead, i guess i'm a trader..... oh, well.
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Well its started....
Anyone wreck yet?
Back to top Go down
chiquae07

chiquae07

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:57 pm

i was really close to, but i diddnt have my seatbelt on. otherwise the b15 would have been gone, and replaced!
Back to top Go down
squirlz

squirlz

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:42 am

Big Ben wrote:
Well its started....
Anyone wreck yet?

Nope, made it home. I kept putting off ordering my lug nuts so it was a little hairy. I will get the winter tires on next week when i get back. It was fun to say the least.
Back to top Go down
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:28 am

I've seen plenty of people wreck unfortunately, dumbasses don't know how to drive in the snow...
Back to top Go down
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:13 pm

xCONWRATHx wrote:
I have bald all seasons and frozen brakes, bring on the snow! Wait...

LOL, sounds just like my g20.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/insaneimport2000
NX-DET

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:06 pm

so much for having fun in the snow. my 4runner has all kinds of electronic wizardry and just cuts power when you floor it try to whip a shitty... damn technology taking all the fun out of driving, ha ha. I'm sure it will come in handy when i need it, or kill me when i pull out in front of someone going to fast for conditions.
Back to top Go down
nismos13silvia

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:21 am

I got my snow tires on just the day of the 1st big snow. Got the gf's snow tires on tonight. I'm ready now.

Only thing is. I got 2 more cars then I really want in the driveway. I thought this year was going to be a clear driveway year. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:26 am

nismos13silvia wrote:
I got my snow tires on just the day of the 1st big snow. Got the gf's snow tires on tonight. I'm ready now.

Only thing is. I got 2 more cars then I really want in the driveway. I thought this year was going to be a clear driveway year. Oh well.

I dont think your driveway has ever been clear from the sound of it. LOL When i was over you had like 5-6 cars or so in it and you said they were all yours. Thanks for the nx fender by the way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:20 am

nismos13silvia wrote:

Yang, think about it this way, the more cars you have in the driveway, the less snow you have to clear off of it. clown

Now they are talking possibly up to 14" of snow. affraid Unfortunately, I'll be in Chicago til Friday for school. I showed the wife tonight how to run the snowblower. lol!
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:53 pm

.......tomorrow will suck
Back to top Go down
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:06 am

Yes it does suck. LOL
Back to top Go down
chiquae07

chiquae07

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:48 am

it friggin rained here.....then turned into snow. theres like 2'' on the ground. so much for snow for me.
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:22 pm

18" for us, 5 hours of snow blowing and I made a dent. One of my trees in my yard came down and landed in the street..... this storm blows!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's Ready For Winter?   Who's Ready For Winter? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's Ready For Winter?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next