Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

reviving the G

Go down 
+6
xCONWRATHx
Big Ben
nismos13silvia
BusinessMan_24
squirlz
slacker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
elijah

reviving the G - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 4:38 am

slacker wrote:
cleaning up of parts:

The power steering pump was pretty grimy. Nothing a little disassembly/foamy engine bright/plastic scrub brush/medium pressure wash/prime/engine enamel can't fix!!

a shot of the front of the PS pump. the brackets and such were all corroded and rusty. it's amazing what a little sand blast action can do to make something paintable.

The plenum needed to be stripped in order to be prepped properly. The injector/knock harness was removed and all sensors/vacuum nipples were covered.

The injectors were all pulled so the factory rail could be prepped and painted as well. caps were reinstalled with paper towel stuffed into the injector cavity. the injector openings on the bottom of the cavity were also taped off being as that surface needs to seal to the rubber grommets located in each runner near the head.

the coolant lines that run around the motor were pretty gnarly as well. Again, the openings to all of the pipes were taped off and all rubber hoses were removed and cleaned. The assembly was then sand blasted and blown out with compressed air before being painted and blown out again before being reinstalled.

I also went so far as to paint the idle control valve as well. I pulled every hose and cleaned it off with a rag spritzed with armor all. I will most likely replace many of the hoses anyway as I hear some particular hoses are prone to failure.

Hi there! I'm new to the forum and I'm really liking the forum because of great write-ups like this one. It was really knowledgeable and helpful especially to newbies like me. I'm quite sure this might come in handy for me someday. Anyway, thanks for sharing the info.
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:43 am

Elijah- thanks for joining the forum and for the compliments on the write up. Maybe this will help you or someone else down the line.

As far as the car goes, the trans I bought has had a crotchety 2nd gear synchro sine I installed it almost a year ago. As of a few weeks ago, I started to lose 5th gear and now it's totally gone. I picked up a 98/99 SE-R non-LSD from another forum member last week that I will be putting in today (hopefully). I won't be painting it to match as I plan on putting an LSD trans in there eventually. Says the Nissan gear bible, the G20 trans has longer legs in 3rd, 4th, and 5th so I can expect to lose a little milage but gain a little fun!
Back to top Go down
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 am

Is it revived yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.CHDetailing.com/
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Yep! I test drove it last night and fully reassembled it today then went for a cruise. All good so far! *fingers crossed*
Back to top Go down
BusinessMan_24

BusinessMan_24

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Hurray, Its REVIVED!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.insanekustomscc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

reviving the G
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mid-West Nissans :: General :: The Shop-
Jump to: