Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to forum, altima ser

Go down 
+4
squirlz
Big Ben
xCONWRATHx
05SickSer
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
05SickSer

05SickSer

New to forum, altima ser Empty
PostSubject: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Hey guys, just started looking into the forum after talking at the zimbrick shop with a few people. Am from Madison WI, and own a red 05 Altima Ser. Hope to be at some meets in the next few months, that is after I get my engine torn down and fixed in the next few weeks here. thanks Justin for the info. few pics of the car

New to forum, altima ser P0004511
New to forum, altima ser P00038n
New to forum, altima ser P00034
New to forum, altima ser P00042
Back to top Go down
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Looks good, love the Altima SERs, welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
http://www.CHDetailing.com/
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:00 pm

One of my fav cars out there. If I could fine one I would trade my max for it. Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
05SickSer

05SickSer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanks, and I was at the meet last year at Quaker stake on the west side of Madison, if you remember it at all or went.
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Yea I remember you. I was the big dude ooogling over your car.
Back to top Go down
05SickSer

05SickSer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:07 pm

haha I think alot of people were cause they are pretty rare, after I get the motor fixed and all that bs sometime down the road in the near future still plan to do the 6spd swap. and while im at it ill swap in the 04 max HLSD. cant wait for that but will be awhile
Back to top Go down
squirlz

squirlz

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Looks nice.

Just a question but have you been in any accidents with the car?
Back to top Go down
05SickSer

05SickSer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 9:35 am

no none at all, why do you ask
Back to top Go down
squirlz

squirlz

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:09 am

I was in an accident with one. a guy in an Altima SER rear ended a Rav4 and i rear ended him.
Back to top Go down
05SickSer

05SickSer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Oh wow that sucks. I saw another red one around here and only saw it once about a year ago or so. Haven't seen another one since
Back to top Go down
BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 2:56 am

Very cool you made it over here. Welcome to the forum!

DJ
Back to top Go down
05SickSer

05SickSer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks man, gotta learn who is who on the forums lol, Are you Justin or DJ?
Back to top Go down
Chris101

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:31 am

I didn't even realize they had it available in Red! (the altima SER)

very nice and welcome!
Back to top Go down
BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:06 am

05SickSer wrote:
Thanks man, gotta learn who is who on the forums lol, Are you Justin or DJ?

Old man DJ.
Back to top Go down
greezmonkey

greezmonkey

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:55 pm

welcome to the forum, If you ever need some more help and I have off I would be down to help. Also this is Justin. Can't wait for a ride in this when it is done hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
05SickSer

05SickSer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Haha yeah for sure man, going to be a beast. I'll probably take you up on that offer for helping me make sure its timed right with the new cams. Its all ripped apart as of now, worked on it all day. Oh and so you know, you do not need to remove the upper oil pan to get the rear timing cover off, just the water pump. but im pretty sure you need to for the oil pump it looks like. the rear head gasket looks like is seeping a bit so im not sure if i want to pull the heads and replace it or not yet lol. Is barely anything but might aswell do it once and not have to think about it again

Cams should be here Friday or Sat I believe. Headers sometime end of next week I hope So I can have it put back together next weekend. Still need to get it tuned afterwards and want to go to Automotion on the weekend of the 21st. but I guess i'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
greezmonkey

greezmonkey

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:55 pm

no problem man. It sounds like you have made lots of progress soo far.
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:58 pm

What are you doing to the engine?
Back to top Go down
05SickSer

05SickSer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:49 am

Big Ben wrote:
What are you doing to the engine?
Noticed low oil pressure a week and a half ago, was barely over 0psi on the gauge at idle and used to sit at 20-25psi. so i pulled the pan and found a piece of gasket in the pan from the rear timing cover. pulled the motor and ripped it apart and found the cause of it, just gotta wait for the cams i ordered to get here and headers then ill put it back together with a new rear timing cover and get it back in the car. started a thread on NC forums if you care to look, shows some pics and explains it better.
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/engine-performance-2002-2006/316499-gotta-tear-apart-my-engine-fun-stuff.html
Back to top Go down
05SickSer

05SickSer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:27 am

greezmonkey wrote:
no problem man. It sounds like you have made lots of progress soo far.
Got the oil pump on today, removed the stock cams/lifters. Need to order a few more mics seals and should be ready to go back together. You busy next Sat late morn/early afternoon to help me time this beast haha? Another question is I assume you guys have a valve spring compressor at the shop that will work with the heads cause the ones we have wont work and neither will the ones from autozone lol.
Back to top Go down
greezmonkey

greezmonkey

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:58 pm

sat should work depending on the time. would have to check on spring compressor don't know if we got one??
Back to top Go down
05SickSer

05SickSer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Whatever time works best for you. and I found a spring compressor after searching awhile that works. got those installed tonight, damn cant wait to have it running and in the car again haha
Back to top Go down
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:32 am

Saw you today driving down High Crossing by Zimbrick, car sounded realllll nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.CHDetailing.com/
05SickSer

05SickSer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:25 am

Yup that was me, was just out for a cruise cause it was nice out last night. Thanks ^^
Back to top Go down
nismodis84

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:05 pm

I JUST GOT MINE LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO I LOVE IT IT'S AWESOME...

JESSICA

New to forum, altima ser 56079410
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, altima ser   New to forum, altima ser Empty

Back to top Go down

New to forum, altima ser
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next