Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

motor running lumpy at idle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LightPeach

LightPeach

motor running lumpy at idle Empty
PostSubject: motor running lumpy at idle   motor running lumpy at idle EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:59 am

i installed a what i believe to be a high port cam. 3 days ago. and now my car idles at 500rpm sometimes feels lower. i was told my ecu may have to learn the new cam but i was just checking to see if this was true.

does anyone know.?
Back to top Go down
Chris101

PostSubject: Re: motor running lumpy at idle   motor running lumpy at idle EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 am

Did you compare/measure the lobs to make sure what you were installing was indeed correct?

I don't remember a relearn process when we installed a 91 cam in our p10 but we were just street driving it for a while before going to the track with it. It would make sense though that it took time to 'relearn' IMHO.
Back to top Go down
LightPeach

LightPeach

PostSubject: Re: motor running lumpy at idle   motor running lumpy at idle EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:16 pm

yeah the lobs measured out to the same as a high port cam. i was thinking i installed it wrong... but once i start driving and the rpms go above 1k everything seems fine. just at idle its really rough and lumpy
Back to top Go down
squirlz

squirlz

PostSubject: Re: motor running lumpy at idle   motor running lumpy at idle EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:43 am

There should be no difference in idle from one the low port cam to the high port cam. Try readjusting your idle to around 700-800 RPM.
Back to top Go down
LightPeach

LightPeach

PostSubject: Re: motor running lumpy at idle   motor running lumpy at idle EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 pm

When the car finally warms up it idles around 700-800 but the enigne shakes like a old school hot rod. I will take a video and post it up
Back to top Go down
LightPeach

LightPeach

PostSubject: Re: motor running lumpy at idle   motor running lumpy at idle EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:01 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL3mgYHOzQo
Back to top Go down
LightPeach

LightPeach

PostSubject: Re: motor running lumpy at idle   motor running lumpy at idle EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcThukBGYeo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: motor running lumpy at idle   motor running lumpy at idle Empty

Back to top Go down

motor running lumpy at idle
Page 1 of 1