Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NismoWI

NismoWI

odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band Empty
PostSubject: odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band   odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:14 am

Ill start from the beginning. I have had my car stall out after doing heavy acceleration and coming to a stop and sometimes. It doesn't do it as much if I don't get on it but its like a 50/50 chance. Sometimes it even does it when at idle it will sound like its going to die then doesn't then sometimes does. Later tonight leaving a buddy's house I was driving and it seemed to be acting kinda weird. I was on the freeway doing 70 mph steadily and my wide band was saying used to read between 13.7-13.5 at partial throttle then it goes to 10:0 and it's never went that rich before then I push full throttle and it will lean out. I am running 370cc injectors at 44 psi vac off ,I am using the sr20ve maf and sr16ve ecu. I had it running at idle and the wide band was reading 13:1. I checked all the vac lines and they are solid and checked my F/P gauge was reading right. Is it possible my maf is going bad? I unplugged it and then it chugged 2 times then stalled. I unplugged the purple plug from the Acc and didn't effect it at all. Could be the ICV/ACC? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mitch
Back to top Go down
BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band   odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:48 pm

It sounds like it could be the IACV, idle air control valve. Pretty common for them to stick. If it starts idling funny, tap the IACV with a screwdriver/wrench and see if the idle changes.
Back to top Go down
NismoWI

NismoWI

PostSubject: Re: odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band   odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:54 pm

Ok. I will see next time it does it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band   odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 pm

That or its a vac leak somewhere. My de+t is doing the same thing right now. I did a boost leak test and figured out that there is a vac leak where i have the hose for the iacv conected to. The proper fitting isnt in there. When i drive the air fuel ratio will be fine for a while then jump all over the place, i have the same stalling issues as you also the car likes to idle at 10:1 for a bit on cold start up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/insaneimport2000
NismoWI

NismoWI

PostSubject: Re: odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band   odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:54 pm

yea I cleaned main sensor with electrical cleaner and fixed a leak between the cold air piping to the maf and haven't had the weird a/r. I still have a a little of idle drop after getting on it but isn't stalling out. I always have had problems when the car is cold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band   odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band Empty

Back to top Go down

odd Idle/ stall at stops and weird a/f readings on wide band
Page 1 of 1