Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good place to find wheels?

Go down 
+2
200sx se-r kid
squirlz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
squirlz

squirlz

Good place to find wheels? Empty
PostSubject: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:14 pm

I am looking to get a set of wheels before spring for the Sentra. Where are some good places to find wheels? I have found a few that i like but not really the offset i like. Looking for a 16x7 in something like a 25mm offset. Or even a 16x8 would work. I found a 16x8 in a 15mm offset but i dont think it would fit without moding the fenders, which i may resort to if i can not find any other wheels.

I was thinking a Yoko Parada Spec2 in a 205/45/16 for a tire, i had a set on the specV and they were pretty good.

I really like this wheel, but offset is a little low for a 8". 16x8 +15mm
Good place to find wheels? 50157089-2T
http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-501-Wheels-16x8-Gun-Metal-p/50168089.htm

Not sure if i like this wheel but the offset should work. 16x7 +15
Good place to find wheels? 51357089-2T
http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-513-Wheels-16x7-Gun-Metal-p/51367089.htm

This would be a safe bet, but not available in gun metal, so black would work. 16x7 +38
Good place to find wheels? 00257082-2T
http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-002-Wheels-16x7-Black-p/00267082.htm
The more i look at this wheel the more i like it, i could always use a 5mm spacer to help push it out.

Anyone know anywhere else with similar wheels? Looking for something with a machined lip and painted inside. Not looking to spend a whole lot for a daily wheel, not worried about weight just want it to stand the abuse of our roads. 16x7 is preferable but a 8" might work, could always go to a 215 tire.
Back to top Go down
200sx se-r kid

200sx se-r kid

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 am

lol those are the wheels that i have on my car right now (the ones in the first pic) but i have the five spoke not the six spoke like in that pic. personaly i rly like them and they are like half the weight of my old rims.
Back to top Go down
BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:16 pm

http://machiii.net/

This site has some good prices on wheels.
Back to top Go down
200sx se-r kid

200sx se-r kid

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:07 am

sry about that i lied mine are the same as the ones in the top pic they are 6 spoke not five like i thought. but mine are 15" not 16"

dirty
Good place to find wheels? Na_mot29
Back to top Go down
squirlz

squirlz

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:25 pm

They have the correct offset in the 15" but i am going with a 16". I like the wheels but i can live with a 15 for daily driving. Maybe for a track wheel. Thanks for the pic, do you have any of the full car side shot?
Back to top Go down
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Why not a wider tire with the 16x8?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/insaneimport2000
200sx se-r kid

200sx se-r kid

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 am

with just ktb agx's in the front and some bad stock shock in the rear. they honestly did make my car feel like it had better handling witch im assuming is from the wider stance. overall i like them very much and all the car guys in town like them also, even the old school muscle car guys do.

o and btw the tires are 205/50/15"

Good place to find wheels? Na_mot30

Good place to find wheels? Na_mot31

Good place to find wheels? Na_mot32
Back to top Go down
NX-DET

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 pm

damn sam, you need a weedeater! LOL.^^
Back to top Go down
NX-DET

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:43 pm

ON a side note, the 6ul wheels are probably the best bang for the buck wheel out there in almost the perfect offsets for our cars. I was going to get some, but they will not clear my brakes.

check'em out.
Back to top Go down
squirlz

squirlz

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:52 pm

I ordered a set of these yesterday.
Good place to find wheels? Mbmwea.gm.ang
16x7 +38 offset.

I also ordered a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-2's in a 205/45/16 to go with them, plus a set of lug nuts and valve stems. I should be able to get them mounted next weekend and put two on the car to see how it looks.

I was going to get some of these in a 16x7 +25 offset but they will not be in for another month.

Good place to find wheels? 52268082-2T
Kind of glad i did not since i am not sure if they will fit right, i can always use a 5mm spacer if the ones i got do not look right. But i think the offset was too much and caused the wheel to dish more than what would look good.
Back to top Go down
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:37 pm

I think the concave look on the XXRs would be sick, but with like a 205-225 tire it would look kinda odd to me.

But nice choice on the MBs! It's gonna look sick!
Back to top Go down
http://www.CHDetailing.com/
squirlz

squirlz

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:47 pm

I tossed the idea around, going back and forth, but i think i would have had to go with a 195 or something to bring it in so i do not get any rubbing. I also wanted gun metal but the flat black would have been ok. I still like the MB's plus they are only 4x100 which i think makes the wheel look more finished. And the gun metal is a much better color but i probably would have painted the xxr's if i had gotten them.

You almost made me regret my decision, i have been so indecisive about this, but i know once i get them i will love them. We will see, i think they shipped today.
Back to top Go down
NX-DET

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:34 am

squirlz wrote:
I tossed the idea around, going back and forth, but i think i would have had to go with a 195 or something to bring it in so i do not get any rubbing. I also wanted gun metal but the flat black would have been ok. I still like the MB's plus they are only 4x100 which i think makes the wheel look more finished. And the gun metal is a much better color but i probably would have painted the xxr's if i had gotten them.

You almost made me regret my decision, i have been so indecisive about this, but i know once i get them i will love them. We will see, i think they shipped today.

don't regret your decision, they will look bad azz once you get them on. Those are some nice looking shoes. i personally like the wider tire than wheel look, but the younger crowd likes the stretched look. then again, you can only do the streched look with 195's on like a 9" rim or crazy shit like that.

Ypu can easily fit a 205 on the rear without any rolling, just the correct offset
Back to top Go down
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:34 am

I made you regret it!? I didn't mean to! No regrets! Once they're on the car it'll be fine!
Back to top Go down
http://www.CHDetailing.com/
squirlz

squirlz

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:41 am

I know i made the right decision, they will fit correctly, are the right color, and have the tire i want.
Back to top Go down
200sx se-r kid

200sx se-r kid

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:31 pm

i think you made the right choice imo. PICS for sure when you get them in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good place to find wheels?   Good place to find wheels? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good place to find wheels?
Page 1 of 1