HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Why is it that I hate the Titan?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpeedmanRC

SpeedmanRC

Why is it that I hate the Titan? Empty
PostSubject: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Cause I fix nothing but design problems with them all day?

I have a problem with a 08 Titian that is the big cab, with the long bed...huge f-ing truck. vibration in the floor and at only 50-55 MPH. when you have the cruise on and RPM's are settled at 1344@53mph. tires have been replaced a bit ago, I rebalanced them...nothing. front prop shaft replace under that one TSB 4 months ago. I am swapping rims and tires with a new lot truck tomorrow and i'm trying to see if I need that shim kit done...I have had the .5 degree on one and no luck. dude needs the truck by noon tomorrow for hunting and this thing is making me loose sleep.

also why do the trucks still have that rear axle breather that can clog up and when the rear end heats up, pushes oil out a side seal? still after the truck being started in 03 has the same failed design?

another thing I had doing is all the fuel level sensor recalls...END RANT
Back to top Go down
byronchrisp05

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 pm

i have never worked on a titian, but have you tried taking the front or rear drive shaft out and driving it to see if it goes away?
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:40 pm

because japan shouldnt make full size trucks. they only made them to appeal to fat americans Wink
Back to top Go down
SpeedmanRC

SpeedmanRC

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:51 pm

byronchrisp05 wrote:
i have never worked on a titian, but have you tried taking the front or rear drive shaft out and driving it to see if it goes away?
I would love to take out the rear one, but a good amount of t-case fluid would leave. and I can't swap out with a good new one cause no other titians I have on lot are the large two part drive shaft.

tech line said it's the rear shaft so it's getting changed when the part comes in. Tires, and a 1.5 degree shims didn't help. and the truck will not vibrate when I am in neutral and coast down from 60-45mph.
Back to top Go down
byronchrisp05

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:59 pm

are you talking about shimming the rear end to cut down the pinion angle?
Back to top Go down
SpeedmanRC

SpeedmanRC

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:26 am

no this would be to have a greater angle. rear end was at 2, tech line said it should be 3.6 degrees. but yeah, there is a TSB about it, some Titians didn't get the right angle from the factory, was told only some trucks with out the tow package.
Back to top Go down
BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Are there any weights missing on the shafts?
Back to top Go down
SpeedmanRC

SpeedmanRC

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:27 am

BORNGEARHEAD wrote:
Are there any weights missing on the shafts?
not that I can tell, it's the two part steel drive shaft, and I don't see any odd like broke welds.
Back to top Go down
midget28

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:47 pm

2 piece shaft? Carrier bearing they can be a PITA if they get out of alignment or start to get a little warn out. anouther thing that might cause that would be a bad u joint in the rear shaft if one of the caps has bad bearings theres your vibration.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/ElMidgeto
bigwood88

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:31 pm

have you done the rear axle vent mod? really inexpensive and easy to do.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/28334-axle-vent-issue-solution.html
Back to top Go down
SpeedmanRC

SpeedmanRC

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:56 am

the new rear drive shaft did fix that truck...

only other thing with Nissan trucks is the amount of front pinon seals, and T-case front output seals leak I am seeing over and over again. In Titian, and Armada. Smaller trucks not so much.

also, had a customer with a Titan...04 off road pac, just destroyed his 2nd rear end. All factory truck, he has no trailers to tow, only uses the bed for small stuff and drive to work...Milton to Best Buy here in Janesville. he is not fixing it...

I just can't wait for winter, all the 4x4 "problems" will start with the first snow fall.
Back to top Go down
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:00 pm

well at least you have some job security if nothing else. A friend has a titan and so far so good with no issues besides the rear part of the exhaust rusting through and needing replacement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/insaneimport2000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that I hate the Titan?   Why is it that I hate the Titan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is it that I hate the Titan?
Page 1 of 1