Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death of a Maxima

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BeazNutz

BeazNutz

Death of a Maxima Empty
PostSubject: Death of a Maxima   Death of a Maxima EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:21 pm

So...about a month ago, my '98 Maxima was totaled in a minor wreck. I was going about 40 mph down a four-lane divided road, and I got hit by an Oldsmobile making an illegal left turn. The damage was limited to the front-passenger side, but the crash bent the core support and the airbags went off.

Death of a Maxima Deadma10

i debated about buying the wrecked car back from the insurance company, but decided it wasn't worth the hastle unless I got another 4th gen Max. That means that somebody is going to end up with some really choice aftermarket parts, including a Stillen muffler and STBs. I think it's entirely possible that this car will end up in a local junkyard (Schmidt's maybe?) but I suppose they'll probably strip the good stuff off, if they're smart.

The good news is I am now the owner of a 2003 Maxima (with a VQ35) and I'm looking forward to adding some mods and upgrades. more on that later...

(I still can't believe this is the first post in the Maxima forum)
Back to top Go down
nismos13silvia

Death of a Maxima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a Maxima   Death of a Maxima EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Welcome.

Sucks. But, at least you're o.k. You should of take WHATEVER parts you can take off the car before the insurance company gets it. That's what I did with my old hard body. I assume they already got.

Ben, should of post on this section. He owns a Max. as well.
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

Death of a Maxima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a Maxima   Death of a Maxima EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:30 am

Yea I was going to post here too, but I dont have any real pics of my car and I havent done anything to it yet either to post up about. Yea Bea you are lucky you didnt get hurt, sucks about the ride too. You did get a pimp Maxima though!
Back to top Go down
insane imports

Death of a Maxima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a Maxima   Death of a Maxima EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:43 pm

I have a 99 also but i dont have any pics. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/insaneimport2000
insane imports

Death of a Maxima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a Maxima   Death of a Maxima EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:49 pm

I could post up my rusted out radiator support/weight reduction mod. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/insaneimport2000
Chris101

Death of a Maxima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a Maxima   Death of a Maxima EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:41 pm

ouch, sorry to see a nice maxima gone Sad

glad you are okay though and congrats on the new ride!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death of a Maxima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a Maxima   Death of a Maxima Empty

Back to top Go down

Death of a Maxima
Page 1 of 1