Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to buy swaps local.

Go down 
+3
Patrick
black98ser
SpeedmanRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SpeedmanRC

SpeedmanRC

Where to buy swaps local. Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy swaps local.   Where to buy swaps local. EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm trying to locate the names and places of any business that is in swaps...like anywhere in WI, MN, IL and maybe Iowa and Michigan if there are any there.

and if you have feedback on those business that would be great. I'm really looking for a S14 or S15 swap so anything close that I can go look at and/or pick up myself I think is better then buying stuff off of pics or videos that are old and from Japan.

any and all info would be great
Thanks, Tyler.
Back to top Go down
black98ser

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy swaps local.   Where to buy swaps local. EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:02 am

I only know of jdm hookup and they are located just north of St. Louis, MO. It isn't one of the states that you had inquired about, but people in the STL area and beyond seem to have great dealings with them. They're an ~5.5-6 hour drive from Janesville.
http://www.jdmhookup.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/in/josephvolsch
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy swaps local.   Where to buy swaps local. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:24 pm

These guys have a rx-7 v8 swap, and a few others... You'd have to talk to them about what you want to do. I asked them what they thought of a Miata w/ a VQ and the guy there said it sounded like fun. He said he knows a guy around town w/ a 800hp 350z. I would check w/ them.

http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Back to top Go down
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy swaps local.   Where to buy swaps local. EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:52 am

Nate can source you an engine (Mid-West Hybrid), that's where I was going to buy mine from before I found a private sale.

Patrick, you wouldn't happen to know if that LS1 FD was running yet? It's been in that shop for several years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.CHDetailing.com/
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy swaps local.   Where to buy swaps local. EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:40 pm

I don't think so. It was under a pile tucked away. He (Nate) said that he has been too busy working on customer cars to finish any of his stuff. When I stopped in he was building the roll cage for a custom s10 that was going to be running in Pinks All Out.
Back to top Go down
BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy swaps local.   Where to buy swaps local. EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:54 pm

I'm assuming your only looking to source a drivetrain for your S14. I wouldn't pay ANY performance shop in Wisconsin to have a de-t swap done...if you want it done correctly.
Back to top Go down
SpeedmanRC

SpeedmanRC

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy swaps local.   Where to buy swaps local. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:39 am

yep, I will be doing the swapping and maybe wireirng...I don't know yet but there are several turn key places that I can send the harness...so that would be the only thing that I would not do.

main fact that it's a bit of cash to have it shipped, so if I can skip that and I would like to see it before I get it anyway. unless there is places that you have bought from that shipped it really well and it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy swaps local.   Where to buy swaps local. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:42 am

I would buy an engine online VS getting it from a shop. The only way I would get it from a shop is if they had it in stock and they were an importer, because if they are not you are just going to get middle manned.
Back to top Go down
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy swaps local.   Where to buy swaps local. EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:40 pm

if you need your wiring harness converted i could ask my frind jake how much he would charge. He has done quite a few 240sx set ups. He used to have a built sr in his drift car but just recently swapped in an ls1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/insaneimport2000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy swaps local.   Where to buy swaps local. Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to buy swaps local.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mid-West Nissans :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: