Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

reviving the G

Go down 
+6
xCONWRATHx
Big Ben
nismos13silvia
BusinessMan_24
squirlz
slacker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

reviving the G - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:16 pm

~65 lbs seems like too much. The flywheel bolts are ~70 but the pressure plate bolts are only like ~25 lbs I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.CHDetailing.com/
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Quote :
Pressure Plate
First Tighten all bolts to 7.2 - 14 ft-lb
Then from first bolt tighten to 16 - 22 ft-lb
Back to top Go down
BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:37 pm

If I remember right, the energy suspension master bushing kit comes with new tie rod boots. I think I might have a pair of them sitting but I'd have to look. Unless somebody else has a master kit with them sitting around.
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:08 pm

xCONWRATHx wrote:
Quote :
Pressure Plate
First Tighten all bolts to 7.2 - 14 ft-lb
Then from first bolt tighten to 16 - 22 ft-lb

sum. bitch.

fucking chiltons.. I have no excuse, I have a FSM I failed to use. FUCK. well, Imma roll with it. Need to move forward. it's not that hard to pull out and it'll be another reason to get a lighter flywheel and better clutch if it goes..

Anyway,
looks like ES may have the boots available without the master kit.... I'll look into it and let ya know.

Need to call GregV here soon..
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:12 pm

oh. hai.

look what I has here..
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2010 12:27 am

yeah.. so game on tomorrow evening. Squirlz is gonna stop by and help me raise this mill up into it's new home. I don't think I'll be starting it for a few days yet but I'll keep you posted..

I've torn down and re-routed the harness and all sensors have been swapped that were swappable. Still not sure on the vacuum setup but the fingers are crossed securely. Even the factory book is somewhat vague so I'm hoping I can eventually look at a running early lowport motor with all of the EGR crap in tact. I have an extra EGR tube that comes out of my collector on the exhaust that runs up to a valve next to the oil/air separator (next to dizzy). I'm going to try and run without that seeing as it funnels this channel right into the factory intake box that I will no longer be using.

Everything on the motor has been painted.. except the valve cover and oil pan (which I would like to match but haven't entirely decided on). It's a little overkill for a DE swap but, hell... it's about time I have an engine bay that looks good. I'm wondering how long it'll hold up with daily driving!

Here's the last round of parts I washed:
reviving the G - Page 2 Dscn4719
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:02 pm

teaser:

reviving the G - Page 2 Dscn4720
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Dude that thing looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
squirlz

squirlz

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Big Ben wrote:
Dude that thing looks awesome!

You should see it in person, no space left undone. Really down to every detail. Hit me up tomorrow Sal, i will come over when ever.
Back to top Go down
BusinessMan_24

BusinessMan_24

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:51 am

Looks fantastic man, very nice job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insanekustomscc.com
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:11 pm

eh, didn't get home until late afternoon today. I'll have to postpone things for a day or two as I have some work to do under the hood before the mill goes in. I'll hit ya up squirlz when I get this all figured out. sorry about any confusion!
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:21 pm

well, I got a call from work today saying that my schedule had changed.. I don't have off until friday like I was planning on. It's cool tho, 'cause now I have weekends off for the summer..

anyway, after I got the call I figured I better get the motor in today so I can get whatever I need ordered up sooner than later. So, yeah. it's in! I really need to get my other valve cover painted....

reviving the G - Page 2 Dscn4810
reviving the G - Page 2 Dscn4811
reviving the G - Page 2 Dscn4812
Back to top Go down
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:39 pm

BEAST!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:13 am

well, I installed a new axle boot where there used to be a torn one.. I Only did the one because I was getting anxious. The others won't need it for a while and I was mainly concerned with making sure the engine ran before going to crazy on other stuff.. The part that the instructions mention is a Moog t-496 crimp tool to crimp the steel bands on the boots. Anyone have one locally??

So, after I got the boot on there, I did new wheel seals and re-installed the axles so I could refill the tranny. I went with Castrol synthetic 75-90. I went with a generic motor oil for the fire up incase it grenaded immediately.. all of the important areas and passages were treated to 50w+additives before I poured in the generic stuff.

Per DJ's wise advice, I made sure not to run the fuel pump until I established I had good oil pressure. The idiot light will be on right when you start to crank and should turn off within a second or two of cranking once your oil pressure reaches above a certain point. I had good pressure so I moved on to a compression test. ~175psi per cylinder.. ROCK ON.

I put the fuse back in for the fuel pump to find it not starting.. No spark and come to find out, no fuel either. I had the harnesses for one of the connectors on the trans mixed up with the one that goes to the coil. Switched those bad boys around and had spark. The plugs were still showing signs of a bit of starting fluid but no gas. I knew I had pressure on the rail because I tested it.. Turns out the FPR on the old rail is on the input side to the rail and on the output side on the rail of the other motor. Basically, I swapped my fuel lines on the rail and WHAM. IT RUNS.

Nick stopped by today and dropped off some parts for me (thanks again DJ!). If I can find the right crimp tool for the axles, I should be able to drive it this weekend! Thanks to everyone for the help. I've got to put the front end back together yet but I'm very relived to know that it runs.
Back to top Go down
sweet3rdgen

sweet3rdgen

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:41 am

I have always used heavy guage zip ties. No tool needed
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:15 am

yeah, I'm thinking I'll go and get some of those metal zip ties. I have a tie rod boot that could use one or two of them anyway.
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:17 am

oh yeah, and then there's this:

finally
Back to top Go down
BusinessMan_24

BusinessMan_24

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:26 pm

nice to see its alive
Back to top Go down
http://www.insanekustomscc.com
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:30 pm

BusinessMan_24 wrote:
nice to see its alive
yes. agreed. and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Sounds good! Good to see it running as well.
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:21 pm

just an update.

It's been down the block a couple times now and is much more tolerable with my reinstalled factory exhaust. I found a different muffler and a somewhat respectable stainless tip and a scrap bin at my buddy's shop. I cut out the bumper a bit to make it fit and I don't think it looks that bad.

It seems that the polyurethane dust boots for the tierods don't fit perfect but I'm going to see how long they put up with my driving.. Turns out the rubber boots have a metal ring cast into the bottom of the boot where it slides over and around the ballstud, the ES style doesn't so it just mushrooms out and kinda hangs out on the lip of where the old boot used to bottom out..

alas, the thing runs and rather well *knocks on wood*

I'll get a few more pictures up once my valve cover is dry and installed.
Back to top Go down
Chris101

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:07 am

Nice.. I really like that color on a G20.

I'm curious to know how that paint on the engine and trans holds up longer term as well. Right now it looks really good! Smile
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:04 pm

thanks!

yeah, I didn't try to make the paint perfect by any means so if it crumbles I won't be too disappointed. It's had plenty of cure time and it's also had a chance to heat and cool a few times too. we'll see!
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:47 pm

driven.

it drives pretty damn well. I have some loose ends to tie up but I want to get some miles on it before I get too crazy. A few more pics to follow...
Back to top Go down
slacker

slacker

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:48 pm

It turns out the high pressure line from the highport didn't mount the same to the intake manifold. The crimped collar on the line was not in the same place as the newer style hose so it let to leakage. I recently replaced it with a low port p/s line and it's been fine.

I'm doing newer struts/springs soon in hopes to tighten up the suspension a bit. Also newer rear calipers in hopes to have a functioning ebrake for winter time.

hoping to get everything dialed in before winter hits!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reviving the G   reviving the G - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

reviving the G
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mid-West Nissans :: General :: The Shop-
Jump to: