Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emanage....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

Emanage.... Empty
PostSubject: Emanage....   Emanage.... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:47 am

I just wanted to start a thread and see what people have heard/like about emanage. So if anyone has had any experience with it post up and lets here what you have to say.
Back to top Go down
insane imports

Emanage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emanage....   Emanage.... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:19 pm

I was running one for quite a few years it seemed to work great. I like the fact that you can switch injectors and or mafs and it allows you to do so without having to send your ecu out for a re flash. I put many hours into tuning mine and the end result was very good. i made good reliable hp and the car got great gas mileage on the hwy and was a blast to drive pretty much all around. Its cool to make a few different maps and save them on your laptop. I had a race gas map which was higher boost and i had a street map which was made for all around driveability. 1 psi boost was 30whp different, my street map was 9psi and my race one was 10psi. I was limited to that boost as i was out of injector at the time. I was still running 370's with a garrett gt2871r.

I would say the only real negative is having to own a laptop.

I always wanted to run a jwt ecu and an emanage on top for fine tuning. It may be overkill, but you would pretty much have the ultimaite in adjustability. Right now i am running a jwt ecu and an safc which works pretty well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/insaneimport2000
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

Emanage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emanage....   Emanage.... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 pm

I might have to pick your brain a bunch when I get it. I will need to learn how to tune and set this up. I know it came with a boost sensor, but I am planning on picking up injector and ignition harness..... Should I get both of them?

And I own a laptop with a serial port, so I am set with that.
Back to top Go down
insane imports

Emanage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emanage....   Emanage.... EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:54 pm

For our cars you dont need both of the harnesses. I made the mistake of buying both and realised you can do both of the functions with just one of the harnesses, either ignition or injector. Your wire colors just wont match up to what they say they are in the mannual which isnt a big deal.

The worst problem i had was not owning a laptop. Also my friends that i used had a crap battery so when we were street tuning it i had to have a power converter plugged into the cig lighter and have the power cord fot the laptop plugged in at all times. LOL

The best way to tune is have a friend ride with you and make adjustments while driving. Drive around and do long or short pulls and such to get your air fuels right throughout the rev range. Make sure he has an easy view of the wideband. We used one of the inovate units at the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/insaneimport2000
twinxxldrifter

twinxxldrifter

Emanage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emanage....   Emanage.... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Basically if your ecu is stock this is where the emanage comes into play. I have the Ultimate Emanage hooked up with my ecu chipped by RS Emphalty, and it doe's nothing, because the map from RS is already ridiclously wicked. I like how it has two modes where you can set one stage up for street/race. Which is pretty nice. The program and everything is nice, but if you're looking for numbers, its best to be sitting on a dyno. But overall, the unit is nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emanage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emanage....   Emanage.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Emanage....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mid-West Nissans :: Car Tech :: General Tech-
Jump to: