Mid-West Nissans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what do u guys think

Go down 
+2
Big Ben
200sx se-r kid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
200sx se-r kid

200sx se-r kid

what do u guys think Empty
PostSubject: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:35 am

im thinking about doing this to my 200sx gti-r. what do you guys think?

what do u guys think Gtir_s10
Back to top Go down
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 7:04 am

The whole set up or the water to air intercooler?
Back to top Go down
BusinessMan_24

BusinessMan_24

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 10:34 am

ya please clarify
Back to top Go down
http://www.insanekustomscc.com
xCONWRATHx

xCONWRATHx

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:09 am

If you did that whole setup, it'd cost you some serious dough
Back to top Go down
http://www.CHDetailing.com/
Big Ben
Admin
Big Ben

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 3:05 pm

I am thinking doing a water air at some point after I get the my project done and started. Anyone know what a set up like that costs and benifits over a air to air?
Back to top Go down
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 6:45 pm

It depends if you want to go with a name brand kit or a no name kit. Pwr i/c's and precision ones are very nice but very costly. If you go on siliconeintakes.com they have a frozen boost water to air intercooler section. They have some decent set ups for cheap.

I was running the one businessman has on his car which was a pwr barrel 4"x15" core with the same pump heat exchanger, and 3 gal fuel cell for water. You could spend anywhere between 400.00 and 1k or more. It all depends on how much hp you want to make.

The things to keep in mind: The more water the better, buy the highest flowing most reliable pump, you also want a good efficient heat exchanger. Some of the kits on siliconeintakes have nice coolers and heat exchangers but have cheap plastic water pumps and no water resivoir. If you buy one of their kits get a nice fuel cell, or look on ebay and find the guy that will make alum, tanks to your specs, his stuff looks good and is reasonably priced, he is also from indiana if i remember correctly.

If you were to buy one of their kits just buy the bosch mustang cobra pump, or a jabsco century puppy pump. Businessman can get you the part# off my old one as its in his car. They both flow alot and are reliable. The jabsco ones are re buildable as well.

The real benifit is being able to have lower than ambient ait's. Also if you drag race you can have a quick drain set up on your tank or in the lines so you can let some water out so you can add a shitload of ice which will drop your ait's a lot and make more power.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/insaneimport2000
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 6:59 pm

I dont know about your hood closing on a b13,14 or nx with the pictured set up, unless you have a gtir hood scoop on your car. Also you are gonna want everything exhast related ceramic coated and or heat wraped, or you will melt alot of shit. To do it the right way would be very expensive, also notice how close the manifold sits to the thermostat housing and radiator hose.

IMO I think it would be a waste of money, your i/c pipes could be almost as short with an eq length shorty t3 manifold. That one may make more top end power but i dont think the pros outweigh the cons. You would have to change alot of stuff. Also to give you an idea on heat coatings you would be around the 800-1k mark on getting the proper coatings done so you arent melting everything and or starting the car on fire.

I always liked those manifolds, but after really thinking about under hood temps, intake air temps, water temps, and oil temps i decided this manifold would be bad for all of the above. There is so much more very hot piping close to just about everything you dont want it by. Dist, radiator hoses, radiator, intercooler and wiring just to name a few.

It is however your car, so you can do whatever you please with it. But if i were to have 4-5k to throw around it wouldnt be on that set up. If you are only talking about the intercooler set up dis reguard any of my other coments that dont relate to it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
200sx se-r kid

200sx se-r kid

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:04 am

well i was thinking about doing the whole setup. but i got in touch with the company and it is a lil bit out of my price range. and on top of that, insane imports is right it is like right by the thermostat housing and radiator hose witch would just cause more problems then i want to deal with at this present time. thanks for the opinions guys.

maybe i will do a water to air intercooler though. im gonna have to do some research on that first though. anybody know where i should start reading up at?

thanks
Back to top Go down
NX-DET

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:15 am

uuugh. way too much reading.

Bolt a gt2871 on your gti-r manny and get 740 denso side feeds, jwt ecu and trounce all. my honest opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
200sx se-r kid

200sx se-r kid

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 am

this is the plan i got for this summer. a 3 gal. plastic gas tank in my back seat, that im gonna fill with ice and water on race day and a straight style water to air intercooler, with a high flow water pump of course. and this is gonna be in addition to my frount mount. the pressure drop with having the water to air intercooler in line when im not using it should be almost un noticable. what do u guys think about that?
Back to top Go down
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 pm

NX-DET wrote:

Bolt a gt2871 on your gti-r manny and get 740 denso side feeds, jwt ecu and trounce all. my honest opinion of course.

Agreed. Is that few enough words for ya Doug? LOL

I have thought about a water to air and an air to air it in the past. You wont have much more of a pressure drop if you choose a quality intercooler for the water to air core, you may notice .5-1psi drop buy doing it. the only negative i see to it is the added weight and cost.
Back to top Go down
200sx se-r kid

200sx se-r kid

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:11 am

i understand where ur coming from but like you said will hardly notice the psi drop. but i think that the plus side of it will out way the negatives. hopefully im right. has any one here done a air to air and water to air set up b4. and what do you guys think of the water to air intercoolers that are from www.frozenboost.com ? im thinking of going with the type 19 or 20
Back to top Go down
NX-DET

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:03 am

insane imports wrote:
NX-DET wrote:

Agreed. Is that few enough words for ya Doug? LOL

I have thought about a water to air and an air to air it in the past. You wont have much more of a pressure drop if you choose a quality intercooler for the water to air core, you may notice .5-1psi drop buy doing it. the only negative i see to it is the added weight and cost.

I'm getting lazy in my old age! albino
Back to top Go down
insane imports

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 6:57 pm

LOL nice.

The frozen boost intercoolers look decent. But as far as performance goes i havent personally used one of their intercoolers. For the price i would say try one out and see how it works, it may be like the difference between a no name ebay air to air unit and a name brand unit costing 5x the amount.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do u guys think   what do u guys think Empty

Back to top Go down

what do u guys think
Page 1 of 1